Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a seasonal Café Cashier to process accurate cash register transactions at the Conservatory’s café locations (Grand Atrium/Children’s Garden), while providing outstanding customer service for all guests and employees of the Conservatory.
- Assists with the opening, closing, and daily operations of the Conservatory’s café locations (Atrium/Children’s Garden) according to predetermined operational procedures and hours.
- Ensures the Atrium and/or Children’s Garden café locations are set up completely before opening and completes all FOH cleaning and closing procedures at the end of each shift.
- Sets the coffee station at the start of each shift and ensures it is clean and stocked throughout the day.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the start of each shift to ensure amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintains front of house (FOH) cleanliness and organization before, during, and after operating hours including, but not limited to: floors, countertops, salad case, menu boards, and customer check-out and café seating areas.
- Stocks all dishes, paper goods, beverages, and snacks throughout the day and at the end of each shift using proper rotation methods.
- Processes all cash handling procedures, including cash register operation, end-of-day reports, credit card settlement, and café cash deposits.
- Records and calls customer orders according to menu or special request.
- Ensures all entrees leaving the kitchen are fresh, properly presented, and up to Conservatory and food safety standards.
- Promptly informs manager of items that need ordered before current stock is depleted.
- Performs other duties as assigned and demonstrates a focus on outstanding food and service to the staff and guests of the Conservatory.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in customer service within a restaurant or café environment
- Proficient in cash procedures, register equipment and food preparation equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert customer service skills, including a professional, courteous and engaging demeanor.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present a neat, professional image at all times.
- Ability to stand/walk for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds when receiving and storing food products and equipment.
Special Information: This is a seasonal position tentatively lasting through Fall/Winter, 2018.