Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a part-time Catering Cook to ensure high quality food and customer service for all guests and employees of the Conservatory. The Catering cook will work primarily in the Garden Café with a focus on serving interior guests and catered events.
- Opens, closes and operates cafe according to predetermined operational procedures and hours.
- Follows Ohio Health Department guidelines regarding personal hygiene, food temperature controls, date labels, and product rotation.
- Prepares food for café menu and catered events as directed by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef, paying special attention to food quality, flavor, temperatures, date labels, and product rotation.
- Prepares from scratch baked goods, soups, salads, sauces, and catering orders for the café and catered events in a fast and efficient manner.
- Reads and executes catering event orders.
- Prepares customer and catering orders according to menu or special request, as quickly as possible, without sacrificing food quality.
- Ensures all food leaving the kitchen is fresh, properly presented, and up to café standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the work station, kitchen, and storage areas.
- Demonstrate focus on outstanding food and service to the staff and guests of the Conservatory.
- Notifies Executive Chef or Sous Chef when any food item is running low.
- Runs food to guests as needed.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous foodservice experience required
- Experience preparing recipes from scratch
- Experience in customer service within a restaurant or café environment
- Knowledge of food preparation and equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of safe food handling procedures
- Knowledge of food weights/measurements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate expert skills in serving customers in a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Exceptional knife skills.
- Ability to stand/walk for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds when receiving and storing food products and equipment.
- Ability to work weekend and evening hours.
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Demonstrate proficiencies in problem solving; Demonstrate skills in written and oral communication.