Development Data and Research Specialist
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a full-time Development Data and Research Specialist to maintain the Conservatory’s confidential donor/prospect database, supporting all areas of development. This position manages all aspects of the database including gift, pledge, invoice entry, and gift acknowledgments. The Development Data and Research Specialist is also responsible for prospect research, drafting correspondence, producing mail and email lists, generating and analyzing reports/queries and assisting with donor/prospect research and segmenting.
- Works with VP of Philanthropy and Development Officers to establish business rules for Development Operations processes and use of data.
- Maintains knowledge & understanding of organization’s major programs and initiatives supported by philanthropy, to ensure quality correspondence and support cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Handles organizational and constituent data with absolute discretion, troubleshoots and problem-solves to maintain integrity.
- Serves as the Development department’s database technical consultant and subject matter expert.
- Supports prospecting/cultivation strategies by creating queries and pulling donor and mailing lists, producing routine and custom reports, and importing and exporting data files.
- Conducts prospect research through software and Internet resources for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Assists VP of Philanthropy and development officers to expand, segment and qualify prospect lists.
- Supports “moves management,” donor cultivation and stewardship activity tracking and use of metrics for goal setting.
- Serves as primary point of contact for database vendor to ensure best service and updates, attends training sessions as needed, and maintains a presence within Raiser’s Edge community.
- Develops written documentation, internal operating procedures and end-user instructions for database.
- Trains and notifies team of changes in data entry and procedures.
- Assists the Development team in fundraising and community engagement events including the mailing of appeals and newsletters, campaigns, special events and projects.
- Provides coverage of membership entry and related tasks as needed, including timely and accurate entry of membership information into Raise’s Edge database.
- Supports the Development department’s donor and member events as needed, which may include occasional evening and weekend availability.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated correspondence and copy-writing proficiency.
- 3+ years’ work experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with end-user support, data integrity and reporting.
- Extensive computer and software knowledge, including a high level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature judgment, including discretion handling confidential donor personal and financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.