Development Officer for Annual Fund and Individual Giving
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a full-time Development Officer for Annual Fund and Individual Giving to develop, execute and evaluate comprehensive annual and individual giving programs to secure funds from individual donors. This position develops and manages a matrix of solicitation and communication strategies all focused at shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support. The Development Officer also identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a personal portfolio of Individual donors and prospects.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical Annual Fund and Individual Giving plans with objectives, timelines and evaluation plans designed to meet the Annual Fund and Individual Giving goals.
- Coordinates with and supports both the President and CEO and Vice President of Philanthropy in the execution of the Annual Fund and Individual Giving plans.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a personal portfolio of individual donors and prospects.
- Uses a variety of strategies such as cultivation events, personal solicitations, special projects, telemarketing, mail, email and social media programs to secure Annual Fund support.
- Achieves monthly face-to-face visits and communications with individual donors and prospects.
- Partners with volunteer chairs of the Monarch Society to steward and expand donors giving $1,000 or more annually.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing Department to create appeal letters, communications material, newsletters, websites, social media, etc.
- Manages the online giving program.
- Works inter-departmentally with the Exhibitions, Education and Horticulture teams to craft special fundraising campaigns related to funding priorities.
- Ensures that all individual donor and prospect actions and activates are recorded in the Raisers Edge donor database.
- Ensures all Annual Fund and individual donors are recognized appropriately in the Annual Report, on the website, donor walls, etc.
- Prepares Annual Fund and Individual Giving performance reports for the Vice President of Philanthropy, Board of Trustees, Development Committee and staff Leadership Team.
- Uses the development database to perform a comprehensive analysis of the Annual Fund and Individual Giving results and makes recommendations for program changes.
- Helps coordinate production of the annual report.
- In partnership with Development Data and Research Services Specialist, promptly manages the acknowledgment and recognition of all Annual Fund and Individual donors.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Philanthropy and other Development staff members to ensure coordination with their respective fundraising efforts and that the entire Department achieves its annual goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of successful annual fund management experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of fundraising, including direct mail, personal and telephone solicitations, cultivation events, stewardship, and donor relations.
- Demonstrated experience and success in effective donor stewardship and solicitation.
- Mature management and communication skills, interpersonal savvy and customer focus.
- Ability to shepherd a targeted effort within a complex environment, and operational skills that ensure successful tactical project management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Respectful and grateful donor-centric perspective.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to process financial information to both project and analyze results.
- A collaborative nature and ability to work with a diverse group of people such as members, fellow employees, vendors, Board members and donors.
- Results driven; ability to manage and measure work, balancing multiple projects and goals.