Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a part-time Café Dishwasher to be responsible for the sanitation of the café, kitchen, and dining areas and to provide assistance to staff during open hours.
- Operates dish tank and three-compartment sink according to predetermined operational procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes, stores and stocks all dishes for kitchen and Front of House (FOH) throughout the shift.
- Keeps an eye on trash cans and floors making sure to sweep/mop as needed and take out trash throughout the shift.
- Helps FOH with taking orders and running food as needed.
- Checks and fills beverages, chips, napkins, utensils, and other items needed throughout open hours.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floor at the end of every shift.
- Takes out all trash, recycling, and compost at the end of every shift.
- Stores inventory and rotates stock.
- Clears dishes from the dining areas, wipes tables, and removes bus tubs from atrium.
- Keeps dish tank area clean and organized at all times.
- Informs chef or café supervisor when cleaning products are needed before they run out.
- Adheres to weekly cleaning schedule.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with demonstrated customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to stand/walk for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds when receiving and storing food products and equipment.
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to work quickly.