Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a full-time Executive Assistant to enhance the effectiveness of the Conservatory’s President and CEO and Vice President of Philanthropy by managing daily office operations and providing administrative support including meeting preparation, calendar coordination, and assisting with special events. This position is responsible for a variety of communications such as meeting minutes and supporting the executive team with logistics related to the Board of Trustees, donors, and key constituents.
Daily Operations and Procedures
- Coordinates and negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture and office equipment.
- Partners with other departments to maintain office conditions, coordinating and arranging necessary repairs with vendors, and setting up office space for new team members.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the organization and Business Office, providing excellent customer service to both internal and external constituents.
Administrative Tasks for the President and CEO
- Schedules appointments and manages calendars.
- Reserves meeting space, confirms meeting attendees, and arranges catering.
- Informs the President and CEO about upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Assists with the creation of meeting agendas and support materials.
- Enters donor/prospect actions and relevant information in Raiser’s Edge data management system.
- Maintains records and contact information.
- Arranges detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas.
- Compiles expense and reimbursement requests.
- Coordinates key meetings such as Leadership Team and All Staff meetings.
- Composes and edits confidential correspondence.
- Communicates directly with Board members, donors, staff, and others on behalf of the President and CEO and the Vice President of Philanthropy.
- Supplies materials for the President and CEO as requested.
- Completes writing assignments as requested (reports, grants, donor or government documents, etc.).
Board of Trustees and Donor Logistics
- Assists with the preparation of agendas and presentation materials for Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Attends Board and Board Committee meetings, takes minutes, and quickly sends draft notes to appropriate person for final edit and approval.
- Updates and maintains Board member bios and contact information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Adheres to bylaws/expectations regarding Board and Committee matters including distributing materials before and after meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other basic software programs.
- Experience in meeting planning and budgeting.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Technical and persuasive writing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and team work skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with trustees, donors, staff, and community leaders.
- Working knowledge of business writing, grammar and punctuation.
- Outgoing and friendly personality required.
- Demonstration of the core values and mission of the Conservatory.