Facility Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a full-time Facility Maintenance Technician to provide a clean, safe and professional environment for all guests and staff members of the Conservatory. This position communicates and works closely with other departments to implement successful setups for events held at the Conservatory and completes necessary tear down duties.
- Cleans and removes trash from the public and private areas of the Conservatory such as restrooms, tile floors, windows and carpets.
- Maintains care of facility maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Completes all event setups and tear downs (tables, chairs, lecterns, stage pieces, AV equipment, etc.).
- Inventories custodial supplies and maintains appropriate levels.
- Follows state and federal laws that address the safe use of equipment and the application, storage and disposal of chemical products.
- Frequently operates and maintains tools and machinery such as: automated floor scrubbers, high speed electrical buffers, steam cleaning machines, vacuum cleaners.
- Occasionally operates lifts and ladders to ascend building areas for cleaning.
- Occasionally assists with snow removal.
- Performs other duties as assigned and demonstrates focus on serving the visitors and guests of Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Previous facility maintenance experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves materials weighing up to 65 lbs. to accomplish cleaning and event set up and removal.
- Works indoors and outdoors year around in a variety of conditions including, hot and cold temperatures, high humidity and wet weather.
- Ability to operate and maintain machinery used to perform various cleaning tasks.
- Ability to problem solve and assimilate information from various sources to complete event set up duties (Event Manager, email, floor plans, and verbal instruction).