Member Relations Manager
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a full-time Member Relations Manager to grow the Conservatory’s membership program, providing a dependable membership revenue stream through member acquisition, renewal and retention activities and ensuring an outstanding member experience.
- Plans, implements, manages and evaluates the Conservatory’s Membership program with an eye towards growth and retention.
- Achieves annual sales and retention goals in partnership with the Visitor Experience team.
- Plans and implements membership benefit, acquisition, and retention programs.
- Works closely with department staff to foster and advance the movement of select individuals towards philanthropic giving.
- Seeks partnerships to enhance member benefits and increase member sales.
- Prepares financial reports, budgets and reconciliation of monthly Membership sales and renewals.
- Prepares regular progress reports for the Vice President of Philanthropy, Board of Trustees, Board committees, the Leadership Team, etc.
- Attends and presents at Development Committee meetings as required.
- Gives large and small group presentations on Membership details and benefits.
- Records membership information in the donor database.
- Supervises the Membership Assistant, including training, coaching, and performance management.
- In partnership with Marketing, prepares, edits and processes Membership mailing lists and mailings.
- Provides excellent service to members in-person, by phone and via email.
- Collaborates with Visitor Experience department to ensure excellent member/visitor experience.
- Coordinates volunteers for in-office support and for member events as needed.
- Plans and oversees member events and previews in coordination with other departments.
- Attends and interacts with members/visitors at Conservatory events, some of which are held on weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated membership/customer service experience or equivalent experience in related field such as marketing, communications, public relations, sales.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, fundraising database software, and point of sales systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and people skills resulting in positive member experiences.
- Excellent verbal communication skills resulting in successful communications with membership, donors, and colleagues, and in giving presentations and reports.
- Excellent written communication skills required to create successful membership materials, print and electronic communications.
- Creativity, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus to recruit new members and retain existing members.
- Strong planning skills, ability to manage and measure work, goal oriented and results driven.