On-Call Adult Education Liaison
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks an On-Call Adult Education Liaison (Liaison) to support education program leaders as a liaison for culinary and adult education. The Liaison ensures that class and program operations run smoothly by greeting and assisting guest instructors, welcoming participants, running AV equipment, working with volunteers and overseeing prep before and clean-up after programs. The Liaison’s hours vary from 0-15 hours per week as needed, including evenings and weekends.
Under the coordination of the program leaders:
- Checks classroom/program set-up before instructor arrival, greets instructor and assists with class/program preparation as needed.
- Greets, checks-in and shares pertinent information with class and program participants.
- Assists instructors before and during program as needed.
- Operates AV equipment and culinary demonstration camera.
- Manages and works cooperatively with volunteers during class or program.
- Oversees and helps with clean-up of classroom or program space.
- High school degree required, 1-4 years of Higher Education (college) with focus in culinary arts, environmental education, interpretive education, or early childhood development is preferred.
- 6 months related work experience.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (evenings and weekends, occasional holidays).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation.
- 21 years’ of age or older.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to assist culinary instructors with basic kitchen skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.