Full-Time Staff Accountant, Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for basic data entry and accounting functions for CAPA and/or shared services organizations where CAPA provides accounting services, including Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Records financial transactions (recurring and one-time) into the accounting system (Dynamics SL) as needed. This includes recording deposits and event activities.
- Processes weekly A/P checks and staff expense reimbursements.
- Prepares and processes 1099’s.
- Prepares weekly sales reports.
- Maintains and processes cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and works closely with the Development team to ensure that revenues and receivables in Raiser’s Edge are reconciled with Financial data at any given time.
- Maintains accounts receivable to include inputting A/R entries into the accounting software, producing and distributing invoices, maintaining accuracy of A/R ledger accounts, applying payments to outstanding receivables, maintaining customer records, analyzing the Aged A/R to monitor outstanding balances, distributing statements for outstanding receivables monthly, and following-up with collection action as needed.
- Analyzes various accounts monthly for accurate balances; makes corrections to these accounts if needed.
- Inputs and reconciles all credit card account activity.
- Maintains the petty cash fund.
- Assists with month end, yearend closing and Annual Audit, IRS 990’s.
- Analyzes collection of Sales Tax and submits monthly payment and reporting online.
- Assists the Controller on ad hoc basis and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with accounting software packages and ERP systems. Experience using Microsoft Dynamics SL, Counterpoint and Outbound is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent organizational ability and strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
- One to three years accounting experience in an office environment is preferred.
- Advanced Excel knowledge preferred.
In addition to the standard background check, a credit check is required for this position.
Physical & Environment Requirements
Some lifting of storage boxes may be required, and reliable transportation is necessary due to job duties and responsibilities at multiple locations.
To Apply: Submit an application through CAPA’s applicant tracking system below.