Visitor Experience Associate
Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a part-time Visitor Experience Associate to provide excellent customer service while engaging with patrons at the Ticket Center both in person and on the telephone. The Visitor Experience Associate also offers information and interpretation to our general admission guests and occasionally leads scheduled group tours of the Conservatory.
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service for both internal and external guests of the Conservatory.
- Greets, acknowledges and provides Conservatory event information to guests, suggests membership, processes transactions for admission tickets, memberships, and class registrations
- Demonstrates accurate cash handling and reconciliation skills.
- Administers the opening and closing procedures of the Ticket Center.
- Answers the main phone line.
- Makes every effort to find solutions to visitor concerns.
- Engages patrons in formal and informal information and collection interpretation throughout the Conservatory.
- Occasionally interacts with groups of visitors through formal and informal interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned and demonstrates focus on serving the visitors of the Conservatory.
- High school degree required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year cash handling and register experience
- Must have weekend availability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer services skills displayed in a positive and friendly manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication, comfortable with meeting and engaging the visitor.
- Knowledge of cash procedures, register operations and ability to provide sales analysis.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Basic computer skills including email, Microsoft Word and Excel.