Hours of Operation | The Conservatory is open seven days a week, all year round, but closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and after 4pm on Christmas Eve. Regular hours are 10am–5pm. Special hours apply during Special Engagements (Chihuly Nights, Pumpkins Aglow, Conservatory Aglow, etc.).
Admission Prices | Cost of admission includes access to the main Conservatory building, the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden and The Grand Mallway. Exhibitions are included in the admission price.
- On the first Sunday of each month, the Conservatory is free for residents of Franklin County and the City of Columbus (with valid ID) during regular operating hours of 10am to 5pm.
- There are a number of Access Offerings available to ensure the Conservatory is an inclusive and accessible facility.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Community Garden Campus in Franklin Park is operated by the Conservatory and is always free for visitors.
Admission Discounts | Several discounts are available for qualifying individuals. Please see a staff member at the Visitor Center for assistance reserving tickets with these discounts.
- AAA members: $1 off each adult ticket, $0.50 off each child ticket
- College students: $15 ticket price
- Active or Retired Service Members: $1 off each ticket (any age)
Payment Options | The Conservatory’s Visitor Center, Garden Café and Botanica Gift Shop & Greenhouse accept cash and all major credit cards.
Reserve Tickets In Advance | Reserving a ticket online before your visit allows for the best check-in experience. Please arrive with your ticket barcode printed or on your phone and ready to scan.
Accessibility | We strive to make the Conservatory and our programs accessible to all. Please review the Conservatory’s accessibility information and Access Offerings.
Wheelchairs | Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and can be checked out free of charge at the Visitor Center. The entire Conservatory is wheelchair accessible except for the Floating Path in the Children’s Garden. Please let us know if you need assistance.
Pets | Pets (excluding Service Animals) are not permitted at the Conservatory, including the outdoor areas.
Weather | Refunds are not available due to inclement weather but tickets can be rescheduled. Central Ohio weather can vary, but the climate in the Conservatory’s temperature-controlled biomes remains consistent, making the main Conservatory building accessible all year round. In cases of inclement weather (heavy snowfall, thunderstorms, etc.) some outdoor spaces will not be accessible. Check the Plan A Visit page for closure alerts.
Strollers | Strollers are allowed throughout the Conservatory with the exception of the Cardinal Health Gallery, the Gift Shop , Garden Cafe and the Hot Shop. There will be designated stroller parking outside of the Hot Shop and within the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden. Stroller parking is limited and the Conservatory reserves the right to deny strollers in the Children’s Garden on high visitation days. If staff notices strollers blocking paths, in seating areas or in planting beds, they reserve the right to move the stroller to an appropriate location within reason.
Prohibited Items | The following items are not permitted on Conservatory property.
- Weapons, Knives, Firearms, etc.
- Tripods and Commercial Camera Equipment
- Folding Chairs
- Beach Balls and Pool Toys
- Bikes, Scooters and Rollerblades
- Party Decorations including balloons, streamers, confetti, etc.
- The public picnic areas in Franklin Park are available for small gatherings on a first-come-first-served basis.
Recommended Items | The following items may enhance your Conservatory experience.
- Towel and water-safe clothes
- With the addition of the Sandstone Creek and Misting Boulders water features in the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Gardens, kids may get wet during your visit. Children must wear swim diapers and appropriate clothes for getting wet.
- Bottled water and light snacks (crackers or chips, juice boxes, etc.). Glass containers are not permitted in the Children’s Garden.
Exiting | Departing guests may depart through the doors by the Visitors Center.