In light of Columbus Public Health issuing of a mask advisory inside buildings and crowded areas, we would like to remind guests that Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens remains safe for guests.
The Conservatory provides acres of outdoor experiences perfect for all ages. Current exhibitions and attractions include Topiary Takeover, the Paul Busse Garden Railway and the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden. And with fall just around the corner, guests can enjoy autumn with Harvest Blooms and Pumpkins Aglow which are also outdoor exhibitions.
In addition to the outdoors experiences, indoors the Conservatory is equipped with PlasmaPURE AutoClean 1500 air purification units in its heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
The Conservatory recommends guests wear masks indoors but will not mandate that masks be worn.
Hours of Operation | The Conservatory is open seven days a week, all year round, except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Regular hours are 10am–5pm. Special hours apply during special engagements (Chihuly Nights, Pumpkins Aglow, Conservatory Aglow, etc.).
Ticketing | Reserving tickets before visiting is encouraged but not required. Reserving tickets in advance makes the check-in experience efficient and guarantees your visit during your preferred date and time.
- Special Engagements (Chihuly Nights, Pumpkins Aglow, Conservatory Aglow, etc.) require separate admission tickets from general admission.
- Tickets cannot be reserved on the first Sunday of the month as these are Community Days. Please check in at the Visitors Center.
- Patron, Benefactor and Monarch Society members receive free General Admission and Special Engagement admission and do not need to make reservations in advance. Please call 614-715-8002 or speak with a staff member at the Visitor Center to reserve your tickets.
Admission Prices | Cost of admission includes access to the main Conservatory building, the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden and The Grand Mallway. Exhibitions are included in the admission price.
- $3 general admission and special engagement tickets are available for SNAP, EBT, WIC and Medicaid participants. Access Members also qualify for $3 special engagement tickets. Learn more.
- The first Sunday of each month is Community Day. The Conservatory is free for residents of Franklin County and the City of Columbus (with valid ID) during General Admission hours. Tickets cannot be reserved in advance on these dates. Non-residents can still attend but will be required to pay admission.
- There are a number of additional Access Offerings available to ensure the Conservatory is an inclusive and accessible facility.
- The Conservatory is part of the Reciprocal Admissions Program, and offers free or discounted admission to members of participating gardens. To see if your botanical garden membership would qualify, please check this list.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Community Garden Campus in Franklin Park is operated by the Conservatory and is always free for visitors.
Admission Discounts | Several discounts are available for qualifying individuals. Please see a staff member at the Visitor Center for assistance reserving tickets with these discounts.
- AAA members: $1 off each adult ticket, $0.50 off each child ticket
- College students: $19 ticket price
- Active or Retired Service Members: $1 off each ticket (any age)
Payment Options | The Conservatory’s Visitor Center, Garden Café and Botanica Gift Shop & Greenhouse accept cash and all major credit cards.
Reserve Tickets In Advance | Reserving a ticket online before your visit allows for the best check-in experience. Please arrive with your ticket barcode printed or on your phone and ready to scan.
Tickets cannot be reserved on the first Sunday of the month as these are Community Days. Please check in at the Visitors Center.
Wheelchairs | Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and can be checked out free of charge at the Visitor Center. The Conservatory building and its grounds are accessible with the use of ramps, elevators and paved pathways. Please let us know if you need assistance.
Pets | Pets (excluding Service Animals) are not permitted at the Conservatory, including the outdoor areas.
Weather | Refunds are not available due to inclement weather but tickets can be rescheduled. Central Ohio weather can vary, but the climate in the Conservatory’s temperature-controlled biomes remains consistent, making the main Conservatory building accessible all year round. In cases of inclement weather (heavy snowfall, thunderstorms, etc.) some outdoor spaces will not be accessible. Check the Plan A Visit page for closure alerts.
Strollers | Strollers are allowed throughout the Conservatory with the exception of the Cardinal Health Gallery, the Gift Shop , Garden Cafe and the Hot Shop. There will be designated stroller parking outside of the Hot Shop and within the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden. Stroller parking is limited and the Conservatory reserves the right to deny strollers in the Children’s Garden on high visitation days. If staff notices strollers blocking paths, in seating areas or in planting beds, they reserve the right to move the stroller to an appropriate location within reason.
Prohibited Items | The following items are not permitted on Conservatory property.
- Weapons, Knives, Firearms, etc.
- Tripods and Commercial Camera Equipment
- Folding Chairs
- Beach Balls and Pool Toys
- Bikes, Scooters and Rollerblades
- Party Decorations including balloons, streamers, confetti, etc.
- The public picnic areas in Franklin Park are available for small gatherings on a first-come-first-served basis.
Recommended Items | The following items may enhance your Conservatory experience.
- Towel and water-safe clothes
- With the addition of the Sandstone Creek and Misting Boulders water features in the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Gardens, kids may get wet during your visit. Children must wear swim diapers and appropriate clothes for getting wet.
- Bottled water and light snacks (crackers or chips, juice boxes, etc.). Glass containers are not permitted in the Children’s Garden.
Exiting | Departing guests may depart through the doors by the Visitors Center.